Re: Panda: USB crash with today's linux-next

* Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> [120514 11:04]:

> That whole MMC card detection is also pretty screwed up. Balaji/Venkat,
> can you guys look into that ? Probably making something generic using a
> threaded IRQ handler ?
>
> I mean, all the MMC core should need is an IRQ number (through GPIOs or
> not doesn't/shouldn't matter) and it should be able to use a threaded
> IRQ handler to kick the card detection/initialization.

That's mostly done.. Just need to update the patches for it.

I posted some patches to take care of the card detection in the MMC
driver by leaving out the platform callbacks:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2012-March/087303.html

That's using gpiochip_find_by_name(), but after talking with Grant
about that, we agreed gpiochip_find_by_name() should be local as there's
no guarantees about anything with the gpiochip names.

Regards,

Tony