Re: Audio support on OMAP 3430LDP or 4430SDP boards

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:31:29PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> and the 'noise' from the small loudspeakers is just about recognizable -
> but is not what I was expecting (it's slow, plus it sounds on those small
> speakers that it's horribly distorted.)  I can't get the headset jack
> working to be able to play it through a decent sound system, through which
> I'll be able to actually _hear_ what the corruption is.

I've just tried pluging a 3.5mm stereo jack plug into the headset jack,
and tried loading up the rip and ring to sleave with various different
loads.  I see no reaction on the detection IRQ line:

389:          0          0   twl6040  twl6040_irq_plug

which seems to suggest that the jack detection is non-functional.

With all the documentation for the 4430SDP board hidden away under NDAs
within TI, I am unable to do any investigation myself to work out what's
wrong.

Please can someone at TI take a current mainline kernel, build it, and
test out audio support on the 4430SDP - specifically output through the
headset jack into a line input, and report when it works.  Thanks.