Re: Audio support on OMAP 3430LDP or 4430SDP boards

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 06:53:39PM +0300, Ujfalusi, Peter wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can someone please hint on what audio is supported on these two OMAP
> > boards?  From what I can tell, the answer is either "nothing" or "hdmi",
> > both of which are useless to me if someone wants me to convert the OMAP
> > ASoC driver to DMA engine.
> >
> > From what I can see on the 4430SDP, there's a 3.5mm headset jack,
> > microphones and speakers on the board, so the board does have audio
> > hardware.  However, it seems (as, I'm afraid to say, seems to be pretty
> > much standard practice with OMAP) there's a total lack of software
> > support in mainline.
>
> 3.4-rc have audio support for SDP4430/Blaze, PandaBoard4430,
> PandaBoardES (4460).
> OMAP3 support is there for a long time, not sure about 3430LDP, but
> the omap3-SDP,
> BeagleBoards, Nokia n900, Pandora have at least ASoC machine driver.

Right, so the only platform I have out of that (as I said above) is
SDP4430.

And as I've already said, it does *not* appear to support any audio
of any kind:

root@omap-4430sdp:~# insmod snd-soc-twl6040.ko
root@omap-4430sdp:~# insmod snd-soc-omap.ko
root@omap-4430sdp:~# insmod snd-soc-omap-mcpdm.ko
root@omap-4430sdp:~# insmod snd-soc-omap-abe-twl6040.ko
root@omap-4430sdp:~# cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---

and that's with HDMI audio via DSS enabled.

So, it does *NOT* appear to support any kind of audio.  (If it does,
software support for it is broken when built as modules.)

How do I get audio support working on this platform?