Re: Suspend broken on 3.3?

"Raja, Govindraj" <govindraj.raja@xxxxxx> writes:

[...]

> So incase of uart wakeups are disabled and uart tx/rx is requested
> can we prevent MPU from low power state.

I think that would be a mistake.

The main point of disabling UART wakeups is to save power by preventing
unwanted wakups on UARTs that don't need/want them.  If we then leave
MPU enabled because UART wakeups are disabled, that would defeat the
power-saving goals of disabling wakeups in the first place.

Presumably, if a user disables UART wakeups, it means either 1) that
UART is not used or 2) performance is not critical.

IMO, we simply need to ensure that the defaults are correct.  When UARTs
are initialized/enabled wakeups should be enabled by default.  The user
can then override this if desired, and will obviously see a performance
impact.  But that's what happens with wakeups disabled.

Kevin