Re: Suspend broken on 3.3?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Joe Woodward <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...[snip]...
>>
>> Could you please try attached patch and let me know if this solves the
>> rx issue as well,
>> without using dma mode.
>>

> Right,
>
> I think we've getting closer, but still not quite there...
>
> Firstly, the patch adds an include to "iomap.h" - but this doesn't exist in stock 3.3. Simply removing this include seemed to allow the compile to complete
> successfully.

Sorry I forgot to specify this is needed for latest mainline.

> With this patch applied (and not in DMA mode) I now get the following:
>  - If I leave wake-from-suspend enabled for the serial port then it works correctly (i.e. no lost/extra 0x00 characters).
>  - If I disable wake-from-suspend for the serial port and go through a suspend cycle (i.e. suspend and then wake), then the serial port starts to misbehave as
> before.
>  - If I then re-enable wake-from-suspend and go through a suspend cycle it starts to work correctly again.
>
> So the problem is still that if wake-from-suspend is disabled for a serial port, and a suspend cycle is performed then when woken the serial port will not function
> correctly if operating in interrupt-mode.

I tried it on my 3430sdp but strangely I don't see a 0x00 char read
after disabling uart wakeups
and waking up by keypad press.

Probably as a quick try we can try doing uart_insert_char only if data
was read from rx fifo
(Attached patch)

--
Thanks,