RE: OMAP3 DSS2 - VENC timings

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 13:08:23, Valkeinen, Tomi wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 11:08 -0700, Gary Thomas wrote:
> > I'm running a frame buffer console on a TV device via the VENC.
> > The video timings don't see to be quite right as Tux is about
> > 1/2 off the screen - both directions, i.e. his head and right
> > side have been cut off as they are outside the viewable area.
> > Also, when I send data to the device (via /dev/tty1) which has
> > 90x35 characters, I lose 4 characters on each end of every line.

I am not sure whether this applies here with your issue, but if I remember
correctly, during initial days of development we had similar issue where, corners of the display cuts-off. The conclusion was, analog TV's crops the ~5-10% of the input image (depends on TV). I don't quite remember further details on this...

Thanks,
Vaibhav