Re: OMAP: DSS2: Common IRQ handler for all OMAPs

Hi,

<snip>

Is it okay to have the same irq entry for 2 different hwmods?
This requirement comes from OMAP3 where dispc and dsi have a common irq
line, where as on OMAP4 dispc and dsi have separate irq lines.

Well, no. I explained that in one of my comment about hwmod modification.
The hwmod data are reflecting the exact HW capabilities.
So, if there is a change in the HW, the hwmod will be different.
It is up to the driver to adapt to this change.
I guess what Archit wanted to say is, for hw IPs DISPC and DSI, on
OMAP3, have a common IRQ line, so could both their hwmod databases
have the same IRQ added for them? This would us call, for a common IRQ
line shared w/ DISPC and DSI, like
mentioned in Tomi's sample code above.

OK, thanks for the clarification, actually I missed a little bit the
point :-(

So in fact the 2 modules share that same IRQ today, and you just want to
populate both hwmod with the same input.
If this is a real OR between the two IRQ lines, meaning the dispc cannot
mask the dsi IRQ or the opposite, then having the same IRQ number in the
two different hwmods is a correct representation of the HW.

There is a real OR between the 2 irq lines in OMAP3, as there is no DSS_IRQENABLE, but there is a DSS_IRQSTATUS.

You can mask one of DISPC or DSI by zeroing all the bits in DISPC_IRQENABLE or DSI_IRQENABLE respectively. But there is no higher level register to mask them.

<snip>

Regards,
Archit