Re: 4430SDP boot failure

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 02:09:17PM +0530, Santosh Shilimkar wrote:
> > Can we _please_ have a version of uboot for the SDP4430 platform
> > which
> > can be configured at runtime _and_ which is capable of DHCP/TFTP ?
> > I really don't want to mess about anymore with buggy boot loaders.
> Just read this thread. Looks like you are not able to boot the kernel
> at all. 2.6.37 + Tony's queue booted for me without any issues.

I can only boot older kernels.  I can't debug later kernels because
as soon as I access the UART, I get this very bland 'X-loader hangs'
message which is no help what so ever (for the amount of use it is, it
might as well not even print that.)

I don't know whether that's because I'm doing something wrong or what as
there's no way to get any diagnostics out of the system.

The u-boot SD card issues are just another layer of timewasting frustration
which really doesn't help.  I don't want to spend many hours debugging
the boot loader because it also doesn't work properly.  I want something
which works every time without fail.

BTW, if it makes any difference to the boot loader, please note that I'm
still waiting for the upgrade for the SDP board.