Re: 4430SDP boot failure

Russell King - ARM Linux had written, on 01/06/2011 11:08 AM, the following:
[..]
For TI folk: it may be an idea to make X-loader say why it's hanging so
that we know what is going on.
[..]

1843088 bytes read
OMAP44XX SDP # bootm 80300000
## Booting image at 80300000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.37+
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1843024 Bytes =  1.8 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

Starting kernel ...

Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.
X-Loader hangs
http://gitorious.org/x-loader/x-loader/blobs/master/cpu/omap4/start.S#line40
I think we can improve this to provide rationale if data abort/ other causes for the hang. But in this case, I am not sure it might help - what we need to add is "boot reason" information probably. It does look to me that a reset took place (u-boot hooks up it's own handlers for irq,fiq,abort etc, but they were'nt triggered) - so either kernel abort took place and a wdt trigger caused x-loader to come up in some unexpected configuration that it could'nt handle OR a reset of somesort took place.

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon