Re: [Beagleboard] linux-omap-pm -- cpufreq query

Haribabu Narayanan <haribabu@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>     Till recently I was working with Angstrom environment for
> beagleboard  (with a linux-omap-pm 2.6.29 kernel) and had to migrate
> to the latest kernel version possible that is supported by
> linux-omap-pm branch for non-omap related reasons.  I am sticking to
> linux-omap-pm instead of linux-omap or linux mainlines chiefly because
> I need cpufreq related functionalities.
>
>   I was happily using the latest head from linux-omap-pm when I
> realised that there are no frequency transitions that are occurring
> now when I initiate requests through sys-fs writes.  I found out that
> OMAP_PM_SRF is no longer supported (which was being used earlier on
> for helping with cpufreq changes).
>
>   Is it that one cannot do cpufreq related changes with the
> current(+/-) linux-omap-pm kernel?

That is correct.

> I checked linux-omap-pm's head/cpufreq branch for example and it
> contains only OMAP_PM_NONE and OMAP_PM_NOOP in plat-omap/Kconfig. Are
> there any changes I can make so that I can get back cpufreq
> functionality.

The kernel parts that enable DVFS (including SmartReflex, voltage layer
etc.) are being rewritten and are under review and test currently.
The best way to help would be to contribute to that development and or
test these series from Thara.

> If yes, is there an general idea as to when this will
> be available with linux-omap-pm head ?

When it's ready. ;)

This is not a commitment, but I suspect we will have this into mainline
during the 2.6.38 merge window.

Kevin