RE: DSS2 on 36xx with 2.6.34-rc6

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Yeah, I can understand.

> Yes, I agree that it is a timing issue.  But it may be due to issues
> in clock setup that are related to detecting the revision of the CPU.
> In particular I notice that there are sections of clock setup code
> that compare to ESX_X without checking for the CPU type.  So there are
> likely ES1_0 workarounds intended for 34XX that are being done for
> 36XX ES1_0 CPU's.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] yes, exactly. This could be DPLL configuration issue also which may be causing due to cpu_is_x() macros.

> In looking at the Arago PSP repo for 2.6.32 I see that there are
> indeed patches for this issue, this one for example:
>
> http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-
> omap3.git;a=commitdiff;h=9b6bdff1c68a42614bb1e06315d5c4be99c5c078

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Sanjeev has submitted this patch couple of times and is already under review. I am expecting this to get merged soon, Sanjeev is following up on this.

The DSS related changes are dependent on this and blocked due to this. I will submit them once this patch goes in.

> Obviously this patch needs to be updated for the current tree.  Does
> TI intend to re-base and submit the patches in the arago repo to this
> list?

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] We are submitting all the patches to the linux-omap, we do have list of patches and also following up regularly.

I hope you understand the business need also here, sometime due to some high priority issues we could not able to follow up that aggressively.

So you can expect patches anytime in the near future.

Thanks,
Vaibhav