Re: DSS2 on 36xx with 2.6.34-rc6

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Hiremath, Vaibhav <hvaibhav@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> The image works as expected on a 35xx based Beagle, but when run on
>> the Beagle xM results in a "HDMI: Out of Range" error from my monitor.
>>  Sadly the monitor won't give me the erroneous timing parameters.
>>
> [Hiremath, Vaibhav] For me it looks like Timing related issue only. And if I understand correctly I have seen some mail-threads which were talking about successful bring-up on Beagle-XM board.
<snip>
> [Hiremath, Vaibhav] Steve,
>
> The AM/DM3730, which is exactly same as OMAP3630 has been supported with PSP releases. I would suggest you to refer to the Arago repo -
>
> http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=sriram/ti-psp-omap.git;a=summary
>
> Please note that similar kind of testing/validation has been done on AM/DM3730 platform.

The Arago PSP kernel does indeed have functional DSS2 on the xM.  But
it is a 2.6.32 kernel with many, many patches that have not been
submitted to this list.  For many reasons I prefer to work with the
linux-omap branch.

Yes, I agree that it is a timing issue.  But it may be due to issues
in clock setup that are related to detecting the revision of the CPU.
In particular I notice that there are sections of clock setup code
that compare to ESX_X without checking for the CPU type.  So there are
likely ES1_0 workarounds intended for 34XX that are being done for
36XX ES1_0 CPU's.

In looking at the Arago PSP repo for 2.6.32 I see that there are
indeed patches for this issue, this one for example:

http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-omap3.git;a=commitdiff;h=9b6bdff1c68a42614bb1e06315d5c4be99c5c078

Obviously this patch needs to be updated for the current tree.  Does
TI intend to re-base and submit the patches in the arago repo to this
list?

Steve