RE: Problems using DSS2 on OMAP3 EVM / Angstrom with rotation

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I think this is the issue, I have seen many peoples doing same mistakes, and it ends up to the application, which doesn't care about rotation and tries to set 480x640 in all rotation angles.

> bootup screen (I believe this is drawn from the linux side, not boot
> loader?) is fine, it hints that the problem is in the X server or
> some
> other user space component.
>
> > My kernel bootargs are:
> > mem=128M console=ttyS0,115200n8 noinitrd rw root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
> > rootfstype=ext2 rootdelay=1 nohz=off omapfb.rotate=1 omapfb.vrfb=y
> > omapfb.debug=y omapdss.debug=y
> >
> > Without vrfb=y, the initial boot screen won't show up, with a
> console
> > message of 'omapdss DISPC error: GFX_FIFO_UNDERFLOW, disabling
> GFX', and
> > the same error for Xorg.
>
> In practice you always have to use VRFB rotation on OMAP3, so no
> point
> in trying without.
>
> > I'd appreciate any advice you could give me - doing this (in
> theory
> > simple) screen orientation change is really stumping me.
>
> It sounds to me that the DSS and omapfb is working fine. I also
> tried
> booting SDP board with similar boot arguments, and it's working fine
> (although I'm not running X).
[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Just to add, same bootargs has been tested thoroughly on OMAP3EVM and it is working fine for me.

Thanks,
Vaibhav