RE: Is the OMAP patch process badly flawed?

Sid Boyce wrote:

<snip>

> >> I would expect patches sent upstream would result in all the basics for
> >> long established platforms to be fully covered. Appreciating that
> >> development is quite fast paced with mods and supporting new platforms.
> >> Could someone please enlighten me?
> >
> > Sid,
> >
> > Speaking purely for EHCI, this is now queued up in Greg's USB queue
> > for upstream and will get merged in the next cycle.
> >
> > Until then, the linux-omap code does have working EHCI support
> > on beagle, evm and the other boards. If you're cloning from
> > gitorious, you're probably picking the wrong tree.
> >
> > - Anand
> >

> Thanks, that explains a lot as I can't remember seeing those patches on
> the linux-usb list for submission upstream.
> What tree is best to clone?

Not sure which is best - I suppose that depends on what all you need.
The canonical linux-omap tree maintained by Tony is at [1].

For EHCI, Felipe sent the driver to Greg who queued it up for .33 [2].
Tony lined up the board files and mach-omap2/usb-ehci.c in the for-next
branch.

[1] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git
[2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-07-usb-2.6.32-rc6.patch