Re: 24xx/n8x0 booting again, linux-omap updated to -rc5

Tony Lindgren wrote at 2009-10-21 12:40 -0600:
> Well I got took a quick look at it last night to get the LCD working again..
>
> I just pushed one fix into omap-fixes, fixed the drivers/cbus compile, updated
> the board-n8x0.c for LCD. And then still needed one more hack to skip the LCD
> detection.. The current linux-omap master should work with the two attached
> patches and the Kconfig I used. Only tested on n810, no idea if the LCD detection
> hack also works on n800.
>
> Anyways, hopefully that will get you going, I don't know when I'll have
> a chance to play with that sfuff again :)

It does boot now, using the config you sent.

When it boots, and is waiting for the root device (which doesn't exist), I see
messages about every 5 seconds like this:

lcd_mipid spi1.1: performing LCD ESD recovery

> I also pushed the earlier changes for retu wdt to the cbus branch so the
> boards keep running by default.

Excellent.

I appreciate your work (and others here).  I am hoping to run Debian, with
mainline Linux, on the n810 someday and wish I was able to contribute more
myself, though that isn't possible now with almost no knowledge of C and not
enough time to learn.  So for now I just try to keep up with it somewhat and
note here when things don't work in case someone who can fix it is unaware.