Re: 24xx/n8x0 booting again, linux-omap updated to -rc5

* green <greenfreedom10@xxxxxxxxx> [091020 09:31]:
> Tony Lindgren wrote at 2009-10-15 20:27 -0500:
> > Thanks to Paul's "OMAP2xxx clock: set up clockdomain pointer in struct clk"
> > patch, we got 24xx booting again both in mainline and in linux-omap.
>
> That's excellent news!
>
> That is commit f856f168bcbc5f49253dd12a4d8452857a785f1c ?

Yeah, that's it.

> But I must be missing something somewhere... I have not yet been able to get
> the N810 to boot.  I see only the Nokia splash.  Note that I just want to see
> the framebuffer console at this point: I expect a panic due to no root fs.
>
> Attached is the config I'm using, which is based on n8x0_defconfig.

Looks like your config ends up waiting for root on the mmc. But we're missing
what was board-n800-mmc.c, so that needs to be updated for mainline.
You can find the old code in the omap-2.6.30 branch under arch/arm/mach-omap2
if you have the cycles to update it.

Also, the drivers/cbus needs to be updated to get the GPIO pins from
board-*.c files, otherwise the retu watchdog will power down the system
in 30 seconds.

> I am using the arm-linux-gnueabi cross-compiler from emdebian, v4.2.  What
> version is recommended, preferably available from emdebian (4.1, 4.2, 4.3,
> 4.4)?

Those should be just fine.

> > The following patch is also needed to change the n8x0 serial console CMDLINE
> > from ttyS0 to ttyS2 as the port numbering now matches the physical ports.
> > The patch is already in linux-omap, but not yet in mainline.
>
> If that is only for the serial console, I should need no console= option,
> right?  I've tried it both ways...

Yeah, that's needed only for the serial console.

Regards,

Tony