Re: OMAP remote proc bindings seem incomplete for OMAP3 and OMAP4

On 2 January 2018 at 22:35, Suman Anna <s-anna@xxxxxx> wrote:
> A simple 'hello world' can be achieved if using the proper TI BIOS
> versions, and adding a new platform to some of the existing rpmsg-based
> RTOS-side IPC code bases present in public trees. I have to double
> check, but I believe the latest TI tools (SYS/BIOS, XDC etc) have
> dropped the support for the C64P family (DSPs present in OMAP3, OMAP4
> and OMAP5), so you would have to play around with some older versions of
> the RTOS and IPC code bases to get going on OMAP3.

OMAP4 and OMAP5 have a Tesla DSP (C64T), which is (annoyingly) no
longer supported in TI C6000 CGT v8. OMAP3 has a regular C64+, which
is still supported by the latest compilers. I don't know about other
TI tools, but I don't see why they would no longer support it.

Note that C64+ is architecturally basically identical to the C674 on
the OMAP-L13x, differing only in the absence of floating-point
instructions.

Matthijs