Re: droid4 hdmi on 4.14-rc4+

Hi,

On 26/10/17 23:56, Sebastian Reichel wrote:

>> This is the output that I get now [1] - seems pretty similar to before I
>> applied the TI LMU backlight patches. Config is here [2] LCD and HDMI do
>> not seem to work yet - any clue what else I might have missed? (Also no
>> /dev/dri entries)
>>
>> I'm also down with trying a slightly older tree (like 4.12) if that's
>> known to work.
>
> This smells like -EPROBE_DEFER in "panel-dsi-cm". Check the dyndbg
> entries in this presentation to see how to debug the issue:
>
> https://elinux.org/images/8/83/Plumbers_2016_dt_device_tree_tools.pdf
>
> Looking at the log it might be the backlight. Do you have an entry
> in /sys/class/backlight?

Nothing in /sys/class/backlight/ - there are also no modules loaded that
match the pattern 'back' (lsmod | grep back).

This is from the current config - could be problem perhaps be that
LCD_SUPPORT and CLASS_DEVICE are 'y', but everything else is a module?

# zgrep BACK /proc/config.gz  | grep -v 'not set'
CONFIG_CGROUP_WRITEBACK=y
CONFIG_CLONE_BACKWARDS=y
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LCD_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_CLASS_DEVICE=y
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GENERIC=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PWM=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_PANDORA=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_TI_LMU=m
CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_GPIO=m
CONFIG_LEDS_TRIGGER_BACKLIGHT=m

I also noticed the early:

[    5.516448] lcd: disabling

I can look at the dyndbg entries tomorrow if the above doesn't help.

>>> Also note that Linux next has the omap4 CEC driver merged that might
>>> provide some fun too once you get things working.
>>
>> That would be fun indeed - but I assume it is unlikely to cause the
>> current (perceived, at least on my end) breakage, right?
>>
>> [1] http://sprunge.us/Xaic
>> [2] http://sprunge.us/AdES
>
> Unrelated: You want to enable CONFIG_PHY_CPCAP_USB.

Will do. Thanks.

Cheers,
Merlijn