Re: droid4 hdmi on 4.14-rc4+

Hi,

On 26/10/17 15:50, Tony Lindgren wrote:

>> There seems to be another/new error relating to some missing te-gpios
>> (or te-gpio) in the device tree, that the n950 device tree does have,
>> but the droid4 device tree does not have?
>
> I think these are harmless. I don't think there is such a GPIO on
> droid 4, or if there is we don't know the GPIO number.

OK.

>> The LCD doesn't seem to show anything either. Here is the kernel output
>> [1], and my current config [2].
>
> Oh OK, you also need the pending TI LMU backlight patches:
>
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9845089/
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9845087/

OK; applied.

> Sebastian's blog has a status matrix that should have links to the
> most recent pending patches:
>
> http://elektranox.org/droid4/

I think the ones you linked to me are more recent than the one on his
status page. But I did get the 14 LCD patches from that page.

>> /dev/dri/* is also still missing - it is still my assumption that this
>> should show up if all goes well - is this correct?
>
> Yeah you should get the unaccelerated dri available:
>
> $ find /dev/dri/
> /dev/dri/
> /dev/dri/card0
> /dev/dri/by-path
> /dev/dri/by-path/platform-omapdrm.0-card
> /dev/dri/by-path/platform-omapdrm.0-render
> /dev/dri/renderD128
>
> Not sure if and why we have some ordering problem with DSS if one of
> the dts configured displays is not loaded.

This is the output that I get now [1] - seems pretty similar to before I
applied the TI LMU backlight patches. Config is here [2] LCD and HDMI do
not seem to work yet - any clue what else I might have missed? (Also no
/dev/dri entries)

I'm also down with trying a slightly older tree (like 4.12) if that's
known to work.

> Also note that Linux next has the omap4 CEC driver merged that might
> provide some fun too once you get things working.

That would be fun indeed - but I assume it is unlikely to cause the
current (perceived, at least on my end) breakage, right?

[1] http://sprunge.us/Xaic
[2] http://sprunge.us/AdES