Re: [RFC] ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod: don't touch hwmod if disabled

* Stefan Eichenberger <eichest@xxxxxxxxx> [170725 02:04]:
> I already did an RFC [1] that tried to do the same but I think this one is
> cleaner. If a hardware module is disabled in devicetree the address range
> will still be touched by omap_hwmod.c. If the corresponding  module isn't
> powered this can lead to a crash of the kernel (for example rtc):

Just to recap on this, we need to first fix up any related issues
and then applying this should be trivial. Mostly I'm worried about
what all hidden dependencies we have, mosty I want to see what
examples for problems Dave comes up for PM on am335x :)

Meanwhile, the workaround is to set the problem devices with
status = "disabled" in the board specific dts file.

In the long run, let's plan on making status = "disabled" mean
that Linux does not touch the device at all until it's state
changes to "okay" and a struct device is created for it.

Regards,

Tony