Re: Cpufreq regression in next-20161207

On 08/12/16 08:04, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@xxxxxxxxxx> [161207 21:58]:
On 07-12-16, 21:52, Tony Lindgren wrote:
Hmm good question. Maybe we don't have the regulators configured for
pandaboard?

Hmm, and who would be the right person to confirm that? And its not only about
pandaboard but the whole OMAP4 family (which is using cpufreq-dt driver).

Nishanth and Dave in Cc should be able to confirm. Most likely it's some
missing .config option for the regulators in multi_v7_defconfig compared
to omap2plus_defconfig though.

Regards,

Tony

Pandaboard has a weird configuration, where MPU VDD is controlled by a separate component; TPS62361, but rest of the voltages are provided by TWL6030. The support for this was attempted to be upstreamed along with the required changes for the VC/VP framework under mach-omap2, but this was never accepted.

I'm not sure but I recall it wasn't possible to control the MPU voltage via the default I2C interface, instead you had to use the VC/VP path, which isn't fully implemented for OMAP4. As a consequence, none of the OMAP4 boards have a properly functioning MPU voltage supply control in place and you will rely on u-boot provided voltages.

-Tero