Re: Bringing up the BRCM43362 on Beaglebone Black

Hi,

> * Michael Eskowitz <MichaelE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [160609 10:10]:
>>
>> The missed interrupts issue sounds likely.  There are pins on the module
>> that I do not have connected to the Beaglebone board.  I wanted to run
>> jumpers from the module to the P9 header on the Beaglebone.  I can define
>> gpios as input or output in the pinmux definition for mmc1, but I do not
>> know how to get the driver to recognize these and use them.  I tried
>> grepping the brcmfmac source code for a clue, but I did not find any
>> reference to any pin definitions.
>>
>> How do I associate these gpio lines with the driver?

How does your module signal IRQ? According the spec:
http://linux-sunxi.org/images/0/05/4330-DS206-R.pdf, there is a
WLAN_IRQ line available, that is not part of the SDIO interface. This
is crucial, since IRQ must be sent on the dat1 pin for the host to
detect it. In section "SDIO v2.0" is sayd that the module is able to
send out-of-bound interrupts, but evtl it needs to special setup. You
can verify by connecting the module to your laptop SDIO port if you
have one.

> The omap_hsmmc.c driver supports configuring two interrupts, and
> two named pinctrl states. See PINCTRL_STATE_IDLE in the driver.
>
> You need to define the dat1 GPIO mux mode as the PINCTRL_STATE_IDLE
> in the dts file, and add that as the second interrupt using the
> interrupts-extended binding.

Actually it should work without this. The throughput would be lame
though, since it would fallback to polling mode.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/ti-omap-hsmmc.txt#61

/Andreas