Re: core not going off

On 05/04/2016 06:20 AM, Ryan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am still seeing core domain to be ON on a 4460 board. The following
> is the prcm debug output.
>
> I am not sure whats keeping the core domain to be ON. I compared with
> a system on which core has hit retention. But could not find anything
> different other than some are IDLE vs Disabled.
>
> Can anyone help me on this please?

Does not look like upstream kernel for sure.. and the kernel patch
which optimized the log does not seem merged (3.4ish I think)..
    PD_CORE curr=ON prev=ON logic=ON

On a quick glance, All the sub PDs look to be at least in retention -
which is the entry criteria for OFF mode on O4.

There are many reasons that prevent this, the best debug I have
personally done is with h/w observability signals. Typically, there'd
be a pending interrupt etc that prevent from going to off mode. One
other time I have hit MR4 event from EMIF for PoP memory generating
EMIF temp event another was a bad AVS irq disable (pending interrupt
again)... other times I had seen clk_out active, so off entry gets
started, but stops short of osc stop prior to off entry, and OFF is
not triggered by PRCM.

There should be a timing diagram in TRM for off mode sequence. if
voltages never transitioned, then it is probably way ahead of DEV_OFF
entry condition in PRCM state machine.. JTAG and h/w observability
will be your best bet.

it is a pretty hard state to achieve, once achieved, even more harder
to recover from - when I used to work in product kernels, we had
significant burden in getting this to work due to the complex
interactions involved.

I doubt folks in the list will be able to debug based on basic log..
If you do not have a TI support person already involved, I suggest
using e2e.ti.com for further discussion

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon