Re: PM branch rebased to 2.6.29... for real this time

Yes, this locking problem requires Rajendra's patchset which needs to be updated for the PM branch.

Kevin

Kim Kyuwon wrote:
Hi Kevin, Sanjeev,

I'm having the same problem.

when clk_set_rate() is invoked in omap_cpu_init() as shown below:

	clk_set_rate(mpu_clk, policy->cpuinfo.max_freq * 1000);

It acquires the clocks mutex by the next statement.

	mutex_lock(&clocks_mutex);

But after invoking arch_clock->clk_set_rate() in the middle of
clk_set_rate(), clock_set_rate() is invoked again. So deadlock occurs
due to mutex_lock() in clock_set_rate().

I think setting the default governor can not help this deadlock.

Regards,
Kyuwon

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Kevin Hilman