Re: new PM branch available

On Mar 18, 2009, at 3:01 PM, Kevin Hilman wrote:

Nicholas Chen <nchen@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I recently checked out the latest PM branch from your git repository
and put it on the Beagleboard (B5). I have been largely able to
reproduce the results others have reported on this PM thread,

...not sure what "this PM thread" you are referring to?

but I believe my CORE and PER powerdomains are not hitting RET or
OFF.

I think this based on the following:
after I
echo 1 > enable_off_mode
echo 1 > sleep_while_idle
echo mem > state

CORE and PER are still on because UART clocks are not being cut in
idle:

 # echo 1 > /sys/power/clocks_off_when_idle

And see if that works.  Also at least on my Beagle, I am not able
to resume from full-chip OFF, so for starters I suggest just testing
retention: echo 0 > /sys/power/enable_off_mode

Suspending starts but upon resume I see the following:
Powerdomain (core_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 0
Powerdomain (per_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 0
Could not enter target state in pm_suspend

looking at debug/pm_debug/count/
I see that only the core_pwrdm and per_pwrdm have 0's next to OFF: and
RET:

Based on the thread, the resolution seems  to be to disable USB and
upgrade u-boot. I think I have done both. My u-boot is 2009.03-rc2
from Steve Sakoman's tree, and I have disabled USB support in my
Kernel build. Is there something that I am overlooking? Also, I'm
curious if the two powerdomains linked (i.e. I need to fix PER before
CORE will shut off or vice versa).

For your problem, they're linked in that they both contain a UART
block.  UART1,2 are in CORE and UART3 is in PER.

Kevin

Thanks for the assistance. I see everything going into RET now, so I think I'm duplicating what everybody else is seeing. I also have a better understanding what the entries in /sys/power do now.

Nick

PS
Sorry, the thread/message I am referring to is:
http://markmail.org/message/4cynvcjzult4c2rj
From Feb 4.