Re: runtime check for omap-aes bus access permission (was: Re: 3.13-rc3 (commit 7ce93f3) breaks Nokia N900 DT boot)

* Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx> [141125 13:33]:
> On Tuesday 25 November 2014 22:08:17 Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Sunday 08 December 2013 00:22:06 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Sebastian Reichel <sre@xxxxxxxx> [131207 15:04]:

> > > Hmm maybe it's done based on the address in
> > > L3_PM_ADDR_MATCH_k?
> > >
> > > I guess the thing to do would be to compare the register
> > > output between the two different firmware versions.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Tony
> >
> > Tony, if you can tell me how to read those registers I can
> > provide output from both bootloaders (one that enable aes
> > support in L3 firewall and one which not).
> >
> > Also I can test other patches or provide other logs if you
> > need something more...

> CCing Nishanth Menon

Maybe just try dumping out the L3_PM_ADDR_MATCH_* registers
during the boot?

> Problem is that when L3 firewall is not configured by signed
> bootloader then loading omap aes driver cause kernel crash. We
> need some code which can check if omap aes is enabled or not at
> runtime in kernel...
>
> More details with full email tread conversation is there:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.omap/108397/

AFAIK we can't change the configuration, but it should be
readable somewhere. Sorry don't know which registers would
show the configuration other than the L3_PM_ADDR_MATCH_*
registers.

Regards,

Tony