Re: Questions about enabling dps(dynamic power switching) and SLM

Hi,

* Deepa Raj <draj187@xxxxxxxxxxx> [140904 08:59]:

> 1) Which register in omap3 (as you said dps works in OMAP3) that will
>  be configured to enable dps and slm?

Hardware enters deeper idle states automatically when configured
properly, see commits 3b8c4ebb7630, 9eca2837dd69 and c46f601cc2a0.
Also see the recent changes to drivers/mfd/twl4030-power.c.

> 2) I was working on OMAP3, I disabled TIDSP bridge driver mpu side as
> we do not need IVA2. IVA2 powerdomain was always on during boot and
> if the system is idle, it keeps on always on where I was expecting it
> will move to low power state (checked the transitions from pm_dbg/count).
> During suspend to RAM also , IVA2 was always on (hundred %s  sure no
> body is using it as mputidspbridge driver is always disabled). Why is
> it always on or do it needs some configuration. Since it was not going
> low power state, so I manually powered it off.Is there register
> configuration that i am missing so it will enter into low power state
> automatically, otherwise why it is always on even it is not being used?

IVA2 needs to be idled always, see commit 2d403f7b1981.

Regards,

Tony