RE: Questions about enabling dps(dynamic power switching) and SLM

Hi Tony,

I have few more questions on OMAP3:

1) As you know there are power scripts in drivers/mfd folder for PMIC chip (Triton2). Is this mandatory to use these scripts like there are P1,P2,P3 areas are there in PMIC.

2) My understanding was when regulator_enable and disable are called from device drivers, voltage regulators are powered on/off, is it correct, if yes, why do we need to use power scripts?

3) Suppose HiFreq clk source (Oscillator), since there are no suspend/resume hooks from PMIC. Do we mandatory to use these scripts during suspend to RAM or we can directly power off oscillators or is there any hardware mechanism also, when all voltage regulators are disabled, HiFreq oscillator will be cut off.

4) Do power scripts are mandatory for all OMAP platforms?

Regards,
d. raj