Re: [ANNOUNCE:RFC] convert OMAP to use clkdev

* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [090124 10:42]:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 10:32:29AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [090124 09:38]:
> > > I had given up all hope of ever seeing the omap-clks1 branch in mainline.
> > > Really.  Until I saw a comment from you about apparantly wanting to see it
> > > upstream.  However, I still have a very big question whether any of this
> > > work will ever reach mainline, especially since my experimental omap-clks1
> > > branch seems to have been broken up with random bits applied to your tree
> > > with zero discussion with me.
> >
> > Paul has spent some time to merge some of your earlier omap-clks1
> > stuff into linux-omap tree. Manually merging them, there's really no
> > other way to merge these changes. And Paul posted some of your earlier
> > omap-clks1 patches to this list along with some other patches before
> > they got merged.
> >
> > Anyways, too late to bitch. Merging this stuff is going to be a pain.
> > And in the long run we need both Russell's and Paul's patches. So let's
> > just figure out a way how we can get it all merged and into the mainline
> > tree.
>
> If Paul sends me his changes, I'm entirely willing to do the dovetailing
> work to get them merged with my changes.  I already do that - what you
> see as the changes between clks1 and clks2 were resorted this morning
> before sending that email out.  There's interdependencies between each
> commit which make such operations non-trivial with traditional git usage.
> I have my own scripts which make it possible to move, delete, and merge
> a set of commits and patches together.
>
> Therefore, it probably makes sense for me to do it.

Wow, that's the best thing I've ever seen during all the merge hells!

I'll keep the clks-testing branch updated so we all can test it easily,
and then we'll just flip linux-omap to use that branch for the clocks
once everything is merged.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Tony