RE: cpuidle and NO_HZ

[sp] Haven't tried booting from MMC so far

> > For some reason this happens only when cpuidle is enabled.

[sp] I notice it only when both cpuidle & dynamic tick are enabled.
BTW, what is the uboot version you are using?

> Are you allowing the chip to hit OFF (by 'echo 1 >
> /sys/power/enable_off_mode') or are you only hitting retention.
>
> This is most likely a latency issue.  For starters, you could
> modify the smc91x driver to register a latency requirement
> with the OMAP PM layer.  This would prevent entering deeper
> C-states which may have wakeup latencies that the smc91x
> cannot handle.

[sp] Once the kernel boots-up (thought very slow & late), powertop doesn't indicate any state transition from C0 despite enabling sleep_when_idle.