Re: new PM branch available

Premi, Sanjeev wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: linux-omap-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-omap-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kevin Hilman
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:10 PM
To: Sriram V
Cc: linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: new PM branch available

Sriram V wrote:
Hi,
    OMAP3EVM. all domains hit retention in suspend.

On enabling cpuidle, network and mmc is not stable. network is unable to get an IP address.
Sriram,

Can you send me your .config for omap3evm? I'm trying to get my recently received EVM working but I am getting lots of garbage on the serial console on linux-omap HEAD and PM branch on omap3evm. Do you have any additional patches for EVM that you're using?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I was able to test against the HEAD 'pm' branch on the EVM.
Here are my observations with default configuration:

1) CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y is set by default. The kernel boots fine.
   I did not notice any 'garbage' problems you and Koen seem to
   be getting.

2) Same result when CONFIG_DEBUG_LL is deselcted.

Sanjeev,

Is this on an an ES3 EVM?  What boot loader revs are you using?

3) With default config, suspend operation fails with this message:
   <3>omapfb omapfb: timeout waiting for FRAME DONE

This is not a failure, just a warning from the fb driver. This should not prevent retention. I see this on beagle as well, and it doesn't prevent retention.

From the log below, you didn't copy the part which reports whether all domains hit target state.

Kevin

Here is a sample session from my terminal:

[root@OMAP3EVM /]# uname -a
Linux OMAP3EVM 2.6.28-omap1-00115-g998bd56 #146 Thu Jan 15 18:47:26 IST 2009 armv7l unknown
[root@OMAP3EVM /]# echo 1 > /sys/power/clocks_off_while_idle
[root@OMAP3EVM /]# echo 1 > /sys/power/sleep_while_idle
[root@OMAP3EVM /]#
[root@OMAP3EVM /]# echo mem > /sys/power/state
<6>PM: Syncing filesystems ... PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
done.
Freezing user space processes ... Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.06 seconds) (elapsed 0.06 seconds) done.done.

Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

Best regards,
Sanjeev