Re: new PM branch available

Sriram V wrote:
Hi,
 Here are my observations on omap3evm.

Sriram,

Thanks for testing!

1) With default config file, The kernel boots. If youre seeing junk after a certain point while booting. it could be related to your bootargs console options. (console=ttyS0,115200n8)

I have the same console= bootargs. Are you testing on an ES3 EVM? What version of the bootloader to you have? Mine reports:

Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.41
[...]
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Jun  5 2008 - 17:53:37)

2) Sometimes i do get  the usual omapfb errors.

These are "normal"

3) If i enable cpuidle - the ethernet driver is unable to get an IP address. So it is unable to mount NFS. If i give a statically assigned IP in my bootargs. NFS mount also fails. This happens only when cpuidle is enabled. 4) If i enable SMC debug, i see ethernet interrupts happening, for some reason. NFS mount/getting a dhcp address fails. I am not sure if this is a wakeup issue. Sometimes, if i add some debug prints it works. but this does not work every time. 5) If i boot with rootfs on MMC and with cpu idle enabled. i cannot ping. cpuidle is somehow effecting the network stuff. I also see some rx overruns. is this a wakeup issue?

I have not done any testing with ethernet, only initramfs or MMC rootfs. This is indeed a wakeup issue. The GPIO IRQ for smc91x is not currently set as a wakeup source, so ethernet activity will not wakeup the system, thus causing delays and other problems.

Can you try with rootfs on MMC, but with no ethernet (add ip=none to cmdline.) Then try suspend/resume etc.

Kevin