ARM : OMAP: Pass logical DMA channel number always to callback handlers

Hi Jarkko\Tony ,

Recently during some debugging, I observed this patch.
http://source.mvista.com/git/?p=linux-omap-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=538528de0cb256f65716ab2e9613d9e920f97fe2;hp=29e8c3c304b62f31b799565c9ee85d42bd163f80

As per your description,it improves the debugging. Can you elaborate more on this ?

For users this change is little confusing, if they go as per the signatures of the 'omap_request_dma_chain' and 'omap_request_dma' APIs. Also separating the callbacks for chained and non-chained transfers seems to be the practical usage in most of the cases. Also users would be only interested in 'chain_id' and not 'channel number' in case of chaining.

So if it improves only debugging and some what complicates the usage, I suggest we should revert this patch.

Regards,
Santosh Shilimkar