Re: PWM drivers for TWL4030

On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
> > If they're using the LEDA or LEDB PWMs, providing and exporting
> > a brightness control would be easy.  If they're using the other
> > two PWMs, it'd be more work.
>
> The configuration is as follows:
> LEDA - keypad backlight
> LEDB - power LED
> PWM0 - LCD backlight
> PWM1 - charger LED

Might have been better to use LEDA and LEDB for backlights,
you probably could have saved some external hardware ... those
pins are high drive.  :)

> So we need PWM0 to be "real LED" most (and backlight class too),
> others would be cool as "real" too, but we could live with them being
> simple.
>
> >> since we are in the same boat. A solution is needed, but I guess the
> >> wolfson people can work it out :)
> >
> > Or maybe the Pandora people.  ;)
>
> Well I feel confused about all this now.. I guess I'll start with
> defining everything as simple GPIO LEDs.

Right, start as gpio leds.  Since I've already looked at it,
I may take a whack at exposing LEDA/LEDB PWMs ... expecting to
use thhe same interface for PWM0/PWM1.

- Dave