From: Felipe Balbi [mailto:me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 5:55 PM
To: York, Jeffrey-P56387
Cc: me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FSUSB Register access

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 05:38:28PM -0700, York, Jeffrey-P56387 wrote:
> <JEFF SAYS:  I did this and I do see logging now.  It shows as
expected
> an external abort on non-linefetch when it tries to read from an FSUSB
> register.  As far as I can tell from the TI spec, I should only have
> enable the 48 MHz clock...  And I know it is enabled via a read from
the
> CM_IDLEST_CKGEN register.>

hmm.. yeah, looks like it's clock issue. Do you call:

clk_get();
clk_enable();

before reading the register ?? Although, if CM_IDLEST_CKGEN says it's
on, it should be.

<JEFF SAYS:  I do when trying to request the "usb_fck" and "usb_l4_ick".
Not sure what the code is doing for the 48 MHz clock.  That's done
somewhere else in the Mobilinux kernel.  Given that the register says
its on, I was assuming that clock was good.>

Anyways, try to clk_get() the correct clock and clk_enable() it before
reading the register.

Remember, also, to clk_disable() when you're not reading the register
and clk_put() when you don't need it anymore.

> what's the kernel version ?? This should be fixed a long time ago.
> <JEFF SAYS:  2.6.21>

If you can try the current linux-omap git tree, I'd be glad. Also, when
you post bug. Please, send the console output. It really helps us
finding issues and suggesting you what to do.

--
balbi