Re: ARM: OMAP3: Fix get_irqnr_and_base to clear spurious interrupt bits

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contreras@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've reverted the strongly ordered patch and I'm not getting any IRQ
> issues with any DSP tests, including the ping one.
>
> I'm using the latest patches from Hiroshi (20081021), so maybe that
> has something to do with it?

I've also reverted the strongly ordered patch.  While I can't do
anything that freezes the kernel anymore, I can still cause two kinds
of endless interrupts on Angstrom:

1) About 1 in 10 boots generates these messages endlessly:

__ratelimit: 1518265 callbacks suppressed
omapfb omapfb: irq error status 4000
omapfb omapfb: irq error status 4022

Tony sent me some debug code which shows the register values when this occurs:
XXX 95mask: 0xffffffdf 95 0x3ffffff
XXX 95ack: 0xffffffdf 95 0x3ffffff

This can be triggered even without the DSP patches.

Before Tony's latest work, this would just spiral out into irq -33s
and kill the kernel.  Now it just slows things down, which is a good
improvement.

I can't reproduce this with the S-O patch.

2) I still get spurious interrupts while running the DSP ping.out
test, but they are also handled better.  No slow down occurs.
However, I can get endless interrupts  by unplugging/replugging my USB
hub.  Again, the endless interrupts slow things down a lot, but no
longer kill the system like before.

I can't reproduce this with the S-O patch.

Let me know if there are further patches worth testing without S-O.
For now, I'm back to S-O to allow me to keep working.

- Nathan