Re: OMAP support in mainline?

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Woodruff, Richard <r-woodruff2@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Igor,

Nobody cares about tree vs branch, the problem is that the branch is
forked from way back in the history.

If you want your changes to be merged you need to rebase continuously,
and not have a single ompazoom branch, but many. That way people can
pick the patches they are interested in.

The difference is a branch for changes to-be-merged vs a fork.

For the vast majority of people, code that is not in upstream, is code
that doesn't exist. That's why good branches should be temporal forks;
as short in time as possible. Permanent forks go against
collaboration.

--
Felipe Contreras