Re: USB driver issue

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:47:07PM -0500, Stalin Kenny wrote:
> Felipe,
>
> Sorry to say but to say that one has to migrate to latest kernel in
> order to get community support is not right....the statement does has
> a touch of arrogance. You are not the spokeperson for the community.

Um, yes he is.

And so is everyone else who actually contributes to the kernel.

If Felipe says he doesn't want to support anything but the latest
kernel.org kernel for free, then that is what he is going to do.  Why do
you not believe him?

Personally, that is my stance as well.  And it's the stance of _every_
other kernel developer who I know who contributes their time and effort
here.

There are _lots_ of companies out there willing and able to support
older kernel versions for you.  If you want support for something like
this, it is simple to find.  But that is not something that we can
provide in our community, otherwise we would go insane.

thanks,

greg k-h