Re: Android porting onto OMAP2430

Anil S wrote:
I still have this screen blanking issue. At boot I get penguin logo, I can "echo Hello world > /dev/tty0", ts_calibrate works. Everything looks fine. But just around

writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"SurfaceFlinger\0", 15}, {"SurfaceFlinger is starting\0", 27}],3

from strace runtime output the screen is *blanked* (no Android string, no red eye, just switched to black with backlight still on). Similiar like when the screensaver is activated after ~10min.

[Anil] Do you still have control over the console once the screen is
blanked? Or does the entire system hang? I've observed similar behavior in
my H/W especially when the binder module's "mmap" call gets triggered. One
minor check you could perform is to remove the /dev/binder entry from the
file system and try to launch android. This should still bring up the
android home screen. However you may not be able to run any of the
application as there is no support for inter process communications due to
the missing binder device node.

I never got anything else than this blanked screen. Even while I had the wrong /dev/binder, what should be as good as no /dev/binder (?). So it doesn't seem to be binder related.

From Android start process point of view: Should there already be anything visible on screen when strace reports that system tries to open /dev/binder? Just to get a better feeling at which time something goes wrong.

Thanks for helping,

Dirk