RE: Android porting onto OMAP2430

>> I still have this screen blanking issue. At boot I get penguin logo,
>> I can "echo Hello world > /dev/tty0", ts_calibrate works. Everything
>> looks fine. But just around

>> writev(3, [{"\4", 1}, {"SurfaceFlinger\0", 15}, {"SurfaceFlinger is
>> starting\0", 27}],3

>> from strace runtime output the screen is *blanked* (no Android
>> string, no red eye, just switched to black with backlight still on).
>> Similiar like when the screensaver is activated after ~10min.

[Anil] Do you still have control over the console once the screen is
blanked? Or does the entire system hang? I've observed similar
behavior in my H/W especially when the binder module's "mmap" call
gets triggered. One minor check you could perform is to remove the
/dev/binder entry from the file system and try to launch android. This
should still bring up the android home screen. However you may not be
able to run any of the application as there is no support for inter
process communications due to the missing binder device node.

Warm Regards,
Anil