Re: [RFC] numactl doesn't work as expected with --phycpubind II

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:36:50AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Sharyathi Nagesh wrote:
> > Andi,Cliff
> >   Thanks for your in puts
> >   Excuse me for the late response, I was on leave didn't see the reply
> >
> > As you suggested I was thinking we can suggest distros to take the
> > latest version of numactl ie version 2.
>
> Cliff might disagree, but in my mind 2.x is still a kind of beta
> version and might need some more testing before it should
> be pushed out to distros.

It certainly has limited real world testing.  We're still getting
patches - first a handfull of them, then a big series from Andi himself.
We (at SGI) do hope to see it get into SuSE's SLES11 and RH's RHEL6.

You are using version 1.0.3 I assume.  We have 1.0.3-rc1 and 1.0.3-rc2
on the download page (ftp://oss.sgi.com/www/projects/libnuma/download).
I suggest you send me the final form of your patch and I add it and post
the source as 1.0.3.   Sound reasonable?

-Cliff

> > I tried that option, #define _GNU_SOURCE, but it was not working, hence
> > I provided this hack.
>
> #define _GNU_SOURCE 1

> >> Ah noticed another problem. Please don't rely on the glibc cpuset_t,
> >> there's no guarantee it's big enough.
> >
> > Instead should I use a buffer with 2048 bits ?
> >
> > Please let me know your thoughts, accordingly I can modify the patch
>
> Use the existing code for this.
>
> -Andi
> --

Cliff Wickman