Port for nilfs-utils for Blackfin-uClinux?

Hi,
I am currently working on an embedded system running uClinux using a
Blackfin processor.

While the nilfs kernel module is available and builds without issues
there don't appear any useable version of the nilfs-utils in that
buildroot build system...my quick attempt at porting this wasn't
succesful, but I don't really know how to do that.

To start off with, two questions:
- are the NILFS-utils required for using the file system? Can I use it
manually using /sys/class interface or similar? (I suppose this is a
yes...)

- are there any already ported versions of the nilfs-utils available
somewhere to blackfin-uClinux? (I suppose it is a no)

Otherwise I will need to try to compile these myself, but it didn't
work very well...Are there some rough guidelines on how to do this?
I guess the obvious things are to point to the kernel build directory
and using the blackfin-specific tools.

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Kai