Re: Port for nilfs-utils for Blackfin-uClinux?

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 14:17:05 +0100, Kai Parow-Souchon wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently working on an embedded system running uClinux using a
> Blackfin processor.
>
> While the nilfs kernel module is available and builds without issues
> there don't appear any useable version of the nilfs-utils in that
> buildroot build system...my quick attempt at porting this wasn't
> succesful, but I don't really know how to do that.
>
> To start off with, two questions:

> - are the NILFS-utils required for using the file system?

Yes.  Userland GC program, nilfs_cleanerd, is included in nilfs-utils.
Without nilfs-utils, disk space is not reclaimed.  Also, mkfs.nilfs2,
nilfs-resize (resize tool), and other utilities are not available.

> Can I use it
> manually using /sys/class interface or similar? (I suppose this is a
> yes...)

No.  At least nilfs_cleanerd should be installed.

> - are there any already ported versions of the nilfs-utils available
> somewhere to blackfin-uClinux? (I suppose it is a no)

I don't know.

> Otherwise I will need to try to compile these myself, but it didn't
> work very well...Are there some rough guidelines on how to do this?

Please see the README file included in the nilfs-utils tarball.
In most cases, it's not difficult to build from the tarball.

Regards,
Ryusuke Konishi