nilfs_cleanerd not running

Hi,

It seems my NILFS is not garbage collected. The other day I was not able to boot up my NixOS due to a full disk. I booted on a USB stick and ran nilfs-clean which freed about 20 Gbytes. I suppose there should always be a process nilfs_cleanerd running on a system in order to clean up old check points. I have actually not read on the NILFS web site that nilfs_cleanerd should be running normally, but maybe I have missed this. Should it not be running normally?

When I am running nilfs-clean on my device, I get:

'No cleaner found on /dev/dm-0.'

mount | grep nilfs gives:

/dev/mapper/cryptroot on / type nilfs2 (rw,relatime)
/dev/mapper/cryptroot on /nix/store type nilfs2 (ro,relatime)

nilfs-clean -V gives:

nilfs-clean version 2.2.3

I am only able to run nilfs_cleanerd after setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /nix/store/*-nilfs-utils-2.2.3/lib

nilfs_cleanerd /dev/mapper/cryptroot
NILFS_CLEANERD_PID=24468

It seems however like the process terminates since there does not seem to exist any process when running 'ps aux | grep nilfs'

When trying 'sudo mount -t nilfs2 -o remount,pp=1 /dev/mapper/cryptroot /', I get:

/nix/store/y0ldq0j9qpax23d6g5iww7nz17xgx32q-nilfs-utils-2.2.3/sbin/nilfs_cleanerd: error while loading shared libraries: libnilfs.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mount.nilfs2: Warning: cannot get pid of cleanerd
mount.nilfs2: cannot modify /etc/mtab.
Please remount the partition with -f option after making /etc/mtab writable.

I am running NixOS 16.03

'uname -r' gives:
4.4.14

Any ideas?