Re: Revert system state to snapshot

I think that Sergey's suggestion is great to start with.
Such kind of tool will be the easiest to implement.

The ideal (future) solution I see here is to implement "revert to
snapshot" as VCS implements "revert to commit": when you revert to
specific revision and make some changes then this changes can be
committed in new revision.
In such a way you do not need to change existing data and just append changes.

Best regards,
Yevhen