Re: Revert system state to snapshot

Hello,

Personally for me, it will be great to an utility like this(supporting
the current utility conventions):
rvcp cp | ss [device] checkpoint-number
This should only work on an unmounted partition(else error), cp type
should be the one set by user (sp | ss),
The question should be asked that the operation will make all the data
written after this cp (cp date here) will be unrecoverably lost
continue any way?[yes/no], requiring full answer.
After this the FS should be in the state described by this cp and can
be mounted rw. All cps after given should be eliminated including ss
cps.

The use case is reverting system state(even the rootfs with the help
of live cd or live usb) to the previously made ss or existing cp
without any need of having another hdd, coping data from ro mounted cp
to the drive and than copying it back. This should ease FS modifying
related experiments greatly.

Thanks,
Aleksandrov Sergey

Александров Сергей Васильевич