Is it possible to avoid nilfs2 corruption on power loss

Hello everyone,

I am in a situation where I need a way to make a practically incorruptible file system upon power loss. I know I can make this with a read-only fs + aufs + tmpfs, but it looks that nilfs2 may do this alone.

Situation: I have few friends/clients whom I give a Raspberry Pi (RPi) with XBMC (actually, Xbian) for a home theatre. The RPi is powered by the TV USB port, and when the TV goes down, the PRi loses power. The /boot and / file systems are read only; that can be done. The /home however has to be writable - users may (rarely) change some configuration there. So, I put a nilfs2 there. The fs is ~7G on a 8G SSD card, full < 10% and almost no writes come ever.

What I need is the fs to never crash in such conditions. One idea to guarantee consistency is, I think, upon power on to mount an old checkpoint - say, 1-2 checkpoints back from the log end. It does not matter if the last written data is lost.

I have no conclusive data, but my tests with random power pull-of show very good corruption resiliency up to now, but is there a way to guarantee that the file system will be truly incorruptible? Again, the use is very light and the SSD card partition will likely never fill.

All suggestions appreciated,
George.