Re: Ability to discard all changes after a point in time?

Hi Jiro,

On Wednesday 01 of June 2011 14:33:13 you wrote:
> I know this is not what you want, but as a partial solution,
> timebrowse (http://timebrowse.sourceforge.net/) can restore the files
> or directories of NILFS2 checkpoints from nautilus interface.
>
> Of course, this will merely rsync from the checkpoint to current mount
> point. Therefore all the history still remain in the log and it may take
> unreasonable time if the differences are big.

Thanks, that's a good thing. Btw., is there any KIO slave or application for
KDE with similar functionality?

My target usecase was: OS is so mis-configured it won't even boot. I wanted to
pass a parameter to kernel to make it discard some recent changes and go on
with a slightly older version of files.

Another usecase was: due to bug in older kernel FS had a few recent
checkpoints corrupted. It's either back files up and re-format the filesystem,
or roll back a few minutes to an older, correct checkpoint.

Regards,
--
dexen deVries

For example, if the first thing in the file is:
   <?kzy irefvba="1.0" rapbqvat="ebg13"?>
an XML parser will recognize that the document is stored in the traditional
ROT13 encoding.

(( Joe English, http://www.flightlab.com/~joe/sgml/faq-not.txt ))