Re: Ability to discard all changes after a point in time?

Hi,

At Fri, 27 May 2011 08:28:28 +0200,
dexen deVries wrote:

> Hi,
>

> recently I was searching for a way to discard all changes after a certain
> point in time -- that is, to rollback filesystem state to a particular
> checkpoint. I couldn't find a way, is there any?

I know this is not what you want, but as a partial solution,
timebrowse (http://timebrowse.sourceforge.net/) can restore the files
or directories of NILFS2 checkpoints from nautilus interface.

Of course, this will merely rsync from the checkpoint to current mount point.
Therefore all the history still remain in the log and it may take
unreasonable time if the differences are big.

thanks,

regards,

Jiro SEKIBA <jir@xxxxxxxxxx>