RE: Zombie / Orphan open files

> That's not the way state recovery works. Clients will reopen only
> the files that are still in use. If the clients don't open the
> "zombie" files again, then I'm fairly certain the applications
> have already closed those files.

Hi

In the case of my test script , I know that the files were not
closed explicitly or on script termination. ( script terminated
without credentials ) .   By the time my session re-acquired credentials
( intentionally after process termination) , the process was already terminated
and nothing, on the client, would ever attempt to clean-up the
server-side "zombie open files"

The server-side pool usage caused by my intentionally
bad test script was not freed up until I did the cluster resource migration.

Question:
When a simple app (for example a python script ) on the NFS client
simply opens a text file,  is a lease automatically, behind the scenes,
created on the server. If so, is the server responsible for doing this:
If the lease isn't renewed every N minutes, close the file.

By "simply opens" a text file, I mean that:   the script contains no
code to request or in any way explicitly use locks

Thanks